I'm a software engineer at Apple, previously I was an iOS software engineer at Instabug. I studied computer science at Kafrelsheikh University. I started learning iOS development in 2017, and have been fascinated by how Apple build beautiful apps that have a great user interface and an intuitive user experience.
After I learned some basics of iOS development I started a personal blog to share what I’ve been doing or learning. An example of that is that; I use Apple's Voice Memos application a lot and since I started learning iOS development I have always wanted to create an audio recorder with audio visualization but I wasn’t able to find any tutorials on how to build such thing, so I started doing it myself and after I reached an acceptable result I wrote an article about the whole process.
I have experience in iOS development and an interest in developer tools and low level programming like compilers, debuggers, and operating systems:
- Currently, I'm an iOS Software Engineer at Instabug.
- I was an iOS Software Engineering Intern at Instabug from Jan 2021 to Jun 2021.
- In the summer of 2020, I was a Google Summer of Code student at Apple's Swift Compiler.
I've contributed to a few open source projects like:
- Swift Compiler: More than 20 merged pull requests in the Compiler and Swift Standard Library. I worked on the Localization of Compiler Diagnostic Messages.
- LLVM: Added support for multi-line YAML literal folding support.
In 2020, I won an Apple WWDC20 Scholarship Award.
I also participated in major programming competitions like ECPC, Google Code Jam, Google Hash Code, and Facebook Hacker Cup.
Podcasts and Webinars
- Null++ - Episode: Google summer of code with Hassan El Desouky, In this podcast I spoke about my experience as a GSoC student at the Swift Compiler.
- I appeared on a webinar at Swift Cairo in which I spoke about winning a WWDC20 scholarship and my experience applying at Google Summer of Code.
- iPS 261: I Failed 39 Interviews with Hassan El Desouky, In this podcast I spoke about my experience with blogging and technical interviews.
I have a passion for helping people start their journey with coding and software engineering. Therefore, I've been doing a lot of extracurricular activities and volunteering.
- At Swift Cairo, I created the Swift Cairo’s newsletter and helped in organizing multiple meetups.
- At ACPC Club Kafr El Sheikh University I mentored three people directly and help them with problem-solving and competitive programming.
- At IEEE Kafr El Sheikh Student Branch I managed the first python boot camp in my city which was an introductory course about programming with Python.
- At MSP (Microsoft Student Partner) Tech Club Kafr El Sheikh University I organized a small course about Algorithms and Data Structures in C++.